I would like to thank “CircleCitadel” at http://circlecitadel.wordpress.com for nominating me for the Liebster Award. I enjoy this blog very much which is filled with poetry, thoughts, and short stories. There is much you have to do to receive this award, so let us get started. You also need to go and check out Tardar Sauce the Grumpy Cat Video on this blog.
1. Post the Liebster award graphic on your site.
2. Thank the blogger who nominated the blog for the Liebster Award and link back to their blog.
3. The blogger then writes 11 facts about themselves so people who discover their blog through the Liebster post will learn more about them.
4. In addition to posting 11 fun facts about themselves, nominated bloggers should also answer the 11 questions from the post of the person who nominated them.
5. The nominated blogger will in turn, nominate 9 other blogs with 200 or less followers.
6. The nominated blogger will create 11 questions for their nominated blogs to answer in their Liebster post.
Eleven Facts About Myself:
1. I am from south-central Texas and could live nowhere else in the world. I am a proud “Redneck Woman.”
2. I love to read, especially about the women who are Saints. For some reason I gravitate to them.
3. I love to draw but have not been able to do so for a long time, due to taking care of parents. Tried my hand at it again, and my “dog” looked like a “pig.” So am still practicing.
4. I hate to cook! Need I say more?
5. My favorite saying to my husband when he gripes about my pets is, “Don’t make me choose, you’re gonna lose!” (Not really, but I love telling him that.)
6. I love outdoors and working outdoors. It is hard for me to stay in when spring and summer comes. So one day I am outside and one day inside. This keeps me happy.
7. My husband and I had to buy an extra-large king size bed so my Shih-Tzu can sleep with us. (Yes we are still married!)
8. I love the “simple” way of life.
9. My telephone stays unplugged most of the time, as it drives me up the wall. I leave my cell phone on for husband or family members to call. They are the only ones with the number. I would not have a phone at all, if it were not for emergencies, especially a “cell phone.”
10. My neighbor calls me and her husband, “The two most unsociable people she has ever known.”
11. My favorite thing to do is pray.
Now the questions!
1. Favorite writer – Alison Weir
2. Why should someone look at your blog? I don’t know, maybe because I write about a lot of different things, but am very honest how I feel about them. You never know what you are going to get.
3. Where did you get your blog’s name? Due to last year and all I went through with my parents and in my personal life as well with our business, I had no choice but to be “faithful to the grace God gave to me, to get through it.”
4. Favorite movie/series – Movie: “Secretariat” Series: The Tudors
5. Favorite actor – Charles Bronson and Tom Hanks
6. Why did you start your blog? – It relaxes my mind as I do not think about anything else when I am blogging.
7. Who inspires you the most? – St. Faustina and St. Teresa of Avila
8. How long have you been blogging? – On and off for four years.
9. What’s your most popular post? - ”Why Do I Defend the Catholic Church”
10. What do you wish was your most popular post? – I think it would be “Why Do I Defend the Catholic Church.”
11. If you could have one thing in the whole universe, all other different universes excluded, what would you have? - Peace for all of God’s creation and all the technology we think we cannot live without to go away.
Now for the nominees:
1. In Veritate Fortitudo - The blogger is Greg Ward and I recently came across his blog. I have enjoyed reading it very much and so will you.
2. Catholic Questions and Answers - This is a recent blog which explains why Catholics do what we do. Very informative.
3. When UR 64 - Beautiful photography.
4. Spirit Island - Very in depth blog. I really like reading it.
5. Mother of Nine - The title speaks for itself. Life on a hobby farm and some of the funniest post you will ever read. It is also a spiritual blog as well. It is an “anything goes” blog and you will love it!
6. New Things - This Mom is a busy Mom and will inspire you alone with her life stories.
7. Catholic Lite - A new convert to the Church. She will inspire your hearts by her strength alone.
Now the questions for you:
1. Do you have any pets?
2. Do you live in the country or city?
3. What is your favorite hobby?
4. What do you get out of blogging?
5. Do you like indoors or outdoors?
6. Do you like your own company, and if so why?
7. If someone took your computer away and you could never have one again, would it throw you into despair?
8. Do you text message while driving? (Be honest!)
9. Do you like to read?
10. What is your favorite place to go and eat?
11. If you could do one thing to make the world a better place to live, what would it be?
I know I am a two short on the nominations but this is as far as I could go. I love all of your blogs and each of you give something to me every single time I read them.
God Bless, SR